Summer has arrived and its time to fire up the BBQ for some back yard grilling. Our farmers and farmers markets have and abundance of beautiful fresh in season harvest, especially a variety of local tomatoes and herbs. This seafood skillet is absolutely delicious and perfect for your summer entertaining.
Preheat grill to medium heat and season with oil to avoid sticking.
In a food processor or blender, puree tomatoes and set aside.
Place a large deep cast iron skillet on grill and heat 4 tbsp of oil. Add garlic, oregano, chillies and sauté for 1-2 minutes until translucent.
Servings: 4-6 | Prep & Cook time: 45 minutes
- Stir in green onions reserving one green onion for garnish and sauté for an additional 30 seconds.
- Deglaze pan with ouzo and add tomato puree and season with salt and pepper. Simmer sauce for 6-7 minutes until deep red in colour. Reserve 1/2 cup of sauce and keep warm.
- Add clams and cover tightly with foil. Close bbq lid and let cook for 5 mins.
- Expose lobster tail meat and brush with oil. Grill lobster tail cut side down over medium high heat for about 5 minutes, until the shells are bright in colour. Turn the tails over and grill for another 4 minutes, or until the lobster meat is an opaque white colour.
- Toss shrimp and scallops with 1 tbsp of oil and grill for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add mussels and lobster claws to clams, cover again with foil, close lid and cook until mussels and clams have opened, approximately 4-5 minutes. Discard any that have not opened.
- Remove from grill and add in grilled shrimp, scallops and top with lobster tail.
- Pour reserved warm tomato sauce on top and garnish with remaining green onions and parsley.
- Brush each side of baguette with oil and grill each side for 1-2 minutes until crisp and slightly charred.
- Serve seafood hot with grilled bread.